The AUD, EUR, GBP dropped against USD after European Central Bank President Marion Draghi reiterated that the single currency is “irreversible, while Gold traded higher as the investor waited for Friday’s crucial U.S. non-farm payrolls data, which will allow investors to gauge the strength of the labor market.
- The Australian Dollar was higher against the U.S. Dollar on Friday, while the Australian dollar edged higher against its U.S. counterpart on Thursday.
- The euro traded sharply higher against the U.S. dollar Thursday, after European Central Bank President Marion Draghi reiterated that the single currency is “irreversible.
- The pound pushed higher against the U.S. dollar on Thursday.
- The U.S. Dollar was lower against the Japanese Yen on Friday, while The U.S. dollar edged higher against the yen on Thursday, as speculation that the Bank of Japan may ease monetary policy at its upcoming policy meeting.
- Gold futures advanced to a new 11-month high during U.S. hours Thursday. Gold traders now looked ahead to the release of the minutes of the Federal Reserve’s September policy-setting meeting later in the day, as well as Friday’s key U.S. non-farm payrolls data.
To download complete report, CLICK: Forex and Gold Daily Report for October 05, 2012